Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pete Wentz Held My Hand 2k15

Today is the day I will tell you about the time Pete Wentz held my hand. But to tell this story, I have to start from the beginning.

So, I arrive at the concert about an hour before it officially starts with my friend, my sister, and her French foreign exchange student. After purchasing some merch (I got a tour t-shirt and a Fall Out Boy flag) claim a spot in the pit, right in the center three people from the front. We wait not so patiently for the concert to start and finally after what felt like Centuries (pun intended), Hoodie Allen came on stage. Now I had never listened to Hoodie before so I obviously didn't know the songs, but it was fun all the same. After Hoodie Wiz Khalifa came on and we had a surprise visit from MAX.


Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley
(My Photo)
Then it was the moment we had all been waiting for. I could not stand still and anxiously waited for FOB to come onto stage and make my dreams come true. Then...we heard it. Sugar We're Going Down. The crowd FLIPPED  and there was lot's of screaming. And all of a sudden they were there. Patrick, Pete, Andy, and Joe all on stage, literally nine feet away from me.

I'll spare you the details of of the concert because lets be honest, if I told you everything this would be a 5,000 page book. But I literally died 27 times. It was amazing. Patrick Stump has an amazing voice in real life and nothing can compete with it.


To soon was it over, and FOB ended with their hit song Saturday. I was killing it in the mosh pit and though sad it was over, glad that I got to see Fall Out Boy live.

But then something unexpected happened. Pete Wentz put his base down, grabbed a microphone and climbed into the pit to be held up by his fans. The crowd surged forward but I didn't care. Pete Wentz was now inches from me and I even touched his arm.

But then, through all the chaos and waving hands, Pete Wentz held  mine. I repeat. PETE WENTZ HELD MY HAND. I died for the 28th time that night. Shocked that Pete had grabbed my hand all I could do was gape up at him and I swear on all that is good on this sweet earth- Pete Wentz and I made eye contact and he smiled directly at me. 29th death. He held my hand for a good 12 seconds before he let go and moved on, but I didn't care. Pete Wentz held my hand. 

And then it ended. Fast forward to a few days later, still slightly in shock from the concert, still wearing my FOB t-shirt I had purchased, I was looking at pictures other people had taken when I found this photo:
Pete Wentz SLC 2015
(via my phone)
At first I was like, "cool pic," but then I looked closer and saw it. My hand is in that picture. It is the one sideways and vertical in the air with the ring on it, right by the hand that is waving and looks like it has a drawing on it. You're probably thinking, "pfft, yeah right. How does she know that's her hand?" Well buddy, I've been living with that same hand for nearly 15 years and I think I would know what it looks like. Plus, I was wearing a ring on my right hand that night so I think it is safe to assume that that is in fact, my hand.

Anyway, that is my story of the time Pete Went held my hand and how I died 29 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment