Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pump Me Up

As some of you may know, as well as a music lover I am an athlete, particularly in water polo, gosh how I love water polo. Anyway I decided I would share my "Pump Up," playlist that I often listen to before games incase you were looking for some new up beat songs or if you just wanted some good music  in general.

Michael Phelps at 2012 Olympics
(photo via The Telegraph)

First up we have Castle by Halsey. I love to listen to this song before games because not only is the beat sick, but the lyrics are so awesome and "empowering" I guess you could say. I particularly like the lyric "Already choking on my pride, so there's no use crying about it." I don't know why, it just makes me feel invincible.

The next song isn't very well known. It's called Turn The Music Up by NF. This song is awesome. The lyrics just give off the vibe. They talk about being confident and not giving a crap about what people think. It also has a sick bass drop during the bridge and makes you feel like you can punch through walls.

I then have Victorious by Panic! At The Disco. This song is pretty obvious, and the title is a huge give away. It is an upbeat song and the lyrics are literally talking about winning. Perfect material if you want to crush your opponents.

I also have Heart of Fire by Black Veil Brides on my 'Pump Up' playlist. This is sort of a metal song so there is a wicked guitar and sick drums the whole song, not to mention that Andy Biersack has a sick voice.

Guns For Hands by Twenty One Pilots is one of my favorites. Though not a particularly fast song, Tyler Joseph's "rapping" just sets the mood.

Novocaine by Fall Out Boy. This song gives me life. It is super upbeat and I legit feel like I can run a marathon, and I hate running. It just gets you in the zone, you know?

Dream by Imagine Dragons. It starts out kind of slow, but once you get to the chorus, you'll see why it's on my playlist. The lyrics are just so powerful, you'll know what I mean when you listen to it.

Another Imagine Dragons song: I'm So Sorry. This. Song Is. The. Best. The first twenty seconds are quiet and then all of a sudden BOOM. Your heart will be racing a million beats per a second. I especially like the part when he screams "I'm so sorry" in the chorus.

Since I started with a Halsey I have to end with one. I Walk The Line. The beat, like Castle, is so unique and cool. It's isn't upbeat, but it just makes you feel powerful and the way Halsey's voice sounds just sends shivers down your spine. The last half is particularly awesome.

This is only a small fraction of my playlist and I wish I could share the rest of it with you, but we would be here all day. Hope this was helpful, see you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment