Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Emperor's New Clothes (Not Groove)

If any of you are Panic! At The Disco fans like me, then you know whats been going on. Yesterday on October 21, 2015, (also the day Marty McFly came to the future but thats irrelevant), Panic! At The Disco released their new single Emperor's New Clothes along with the announcement of their new album, Death Of A Bachelor, to be released on January 15, 2016. Emperors New Clothes is by far my favorite Panic song, and the music video is even better. But to show you how much I love this song, I need to show you the video and explain in detail.


THE VIDEO
This video is revolutionary, it was so cool and different and amazing and gah! I love it!


Brendon Urie in Emperor's New Clothes
(Photo Cred)
Emperor's New Clothes  was action packed and interesting from the start. Beginning with the end of one of Panic! At The Disco's other video, This Is Gospel, it had the lead singer, Brendon Urie die, and instead of going to Heaven he went to the Under World. I'm not going to spoil anything because I know some of you haven't seen it, but it is amazing. The choreographing was phenomenal and the camera angels were so sick, it made the whole experience a lot cooler than it would be with just the standard camera angels. Another minor detail that made the video awesome, was that it was very Halloween-like, which is perfect considering it's October. Brendon Urie is an amazing "actor," and portrayed the character really well.


THE SONG
You obviously can't have a music video without the music. As I mentioned earlier, this song is by far my favorite Panic! At The Disco song. Emperor's New Clothes has great lyrics, and a great beat and melody. The lyrics are great, they speak a lot of meaning, mostly saying that if you take something from me or put me down in anyway, I will rise up bigger and stronger. Thats my personal interpretation anyway, but that is one thing I love most about the song, the lyrics.
Along with the lyrics is the beat. It's upbeat and just pumps you up, like you're ready to fight someone or are about to run a race. I know I'm definitely going to put this song on my "Pump Up" playlist for water polo games.
And don't even get me started on the high notes! Brendon Urie is one of those amazing people who can sing at any octave, and his speciality is hitting the high notes. He does it quite a lot in this song, but there is this one part during the bridge that his voice will just blow you away, it is so breathtaking!


Well that's all for now, please please please check out Emperor's New Clothes, and while you're at it check out the rest of Panic! At The Disco's music because it is awesome.

Bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment