Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

She's Not Sleeping Beauty, But Might As Well Be

Recently, my friend has introduced me to this Norwegian singer called AURORA (yes she spells it in all caps). Needless to say I've become obsessed with her music and thought I would share my love for her with you.

A BRIEF HISTORY
Aurora Aksnes, her stage name AURORA, was born in 1996 in Bergen, Norway. She first discovered music when she found an electric piano in her parents attic. At the age of 1O, she began writing her own songs, and her mother encouraged her to play her music publicly.
AURORA
(Photo Courtesy of wfuv.org)
She released her first single Under The Stars in 2014, followed by her single Runaway in February 2015. She received attention from pop star Katy Perry, who later made an appearance at one of AURORA'S shows in LA. AURORA then released her EP Running With The Wolves in April 2015. After a massive amount of attention from Radio One, Radio Two, and many other national BBC radio stations, she released two other singles called Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) in September of 2015 and Half The World Away in November 2015. AURORA plans to release her debut album Winter Bird in February 2016.


WHY I LOVE HER
There are many reasons why I love AURORA, but I think the main reason is, like the Broods, is because of the lyrics. They speak so much meaning to me and I can relate to them as well. My favorite song by her is Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1). There is something about the simple lyrics that gets to me every time I listen to it. I also love melody because its just so simple but powerful at the same time. My second favorite song by her, Running With The Wolves is amazing too. My favorite part about the song is the beat and melody. It's kind of upbeat but calm at the same time, leaving this satisfying feeling like to one you get after a long run. The lyrics of course, are amazing as well. Like all the others, they are well thought out and really work and flow together.
Another reason why I love AURORA so much is because of her voice. Her Norwegian accent sounds so cool with her music. It's also how deep her voice is too. It's not too deep, it's almost right between being a soprano and alto. Not deep, but not high either. Her voice complements her lyrics very nicely and I feel like if some else tried to sing her songs they just wouldn't sound nearly as beautiful.


MUSIC
ALBUMS:
- Awakening - Single
- Under The Stars - Single
- Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) - Single
- Running With The Wolves EP
- Half The World Away - Single

SONGS:
- Awakening
- Under The Stars
- Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)
- Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) [Acoustic]
- Runaway
- Running With The Wolves
- In Boxes
- Little Boy In The Grass
- Half The World Away

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed. Please please check our AURORA I promise you won't be disappointed. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment